Sunday, May 2, 2010
Whims and Wishes
I badly want to return to Spain to teach English. We are only young once and have our whole lives to work but I have my reservations. How do you go back to a place when you've left and become someone new? Would it be like trying to run the opposite way of the Earth's rotation, desperately trying to beat it at it's own game? Will it feel the same? What kind of happiness would I feel? I know it would at least be a calmer, fully-accepted joy. Because joy and happiness are two different things, as I've learned through experience and from a dear friend. The happiness will come. Radical change has the ability to rip you from your roots up and toss you wherever it feels necessary. From there on out, you are sure not to plant them so deep, not for fear of being ripped out again, but because you are more willing and supple to the hands of change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment