Sunday, May 9, 2010

I like saving money, don't you??

 



-how to save money over all (it's called budgeting)
-do a a DIY mani/pedi!
-buy used books at amazon or on better world books which donates proceeds to the charity of your choice
-read magazines online and save a boat load in magazine subscriptions
-do yoga at home!
-go generic when filling prescriptions or buying over-the-counter meds. If their active ingredients are the same, the two brands will do the same thing.
-take advantage of student discounts if they're available. Don't be shy!
-plan your meals every week so that you don't have to buy food while at work or on campus.
-If the stores you love tend to be pricey, don't pay full price!!! It's not necessary. Make an account on their website, add things to your wishlist and wait until they go on SALE! All fashion retail is always marked up by at least 100-200%. Don't fall for this. And don't be afraid of thrift stores and Ross. The richest people in the world spend the least amount of money. For example, I love Anthropologie. But their prices are a bit outrageous. I bookmarked a pair of Joe's jeans that were normally $140 and they're $20 right now. AMAZING!!!
-When buying trendy clothes, don't pay a lot for them. A cashmere sweater is worth the price (again, if it's on sale) but the latest trend in parachute pants isn't. Go to places like Forever 21 or H&M that sell trends for cheap.
-buy produce that's IN SEASON!

as I think of/recall more ideas about how to save money, I'll post!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment