Thursday, April 15, 2010

Inspiration

It is interesting to me how the ones we love give us gifts to lift us up and keep us strong when they leave us. K'Naan's "Wavin' flag" is one of those gifts to me. He sings,

"When I get older, I will be stronger,
they'll call me freedom just like a wavin' flag
and then it goes back, and then it goes back, and then it goes back, oh...
Out of the darkness, I came the farthest, among the hardest survival.
Learn from these streets, they can be bleak,
accept no defeat, surrender, retreat.

People give us gifts all the time. Sometimes we aren't aware of them. We must find meaning in the experiences some people call "coincidence." Things in life happen to wake us up. Gifts come when we need them most. And acceptance is the calm awareness of these truths.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment