Friday, April 23, 2010

Entering the Yoga Mindset

 


I love yoga. And not because it is becoming popular in our Western society and not because I think it might make me lose weight, or some other superficial reason. Yoga (among many other things) has helped me through some tough times and I have only just begun. If I had my way, I would practice yoga daily but 18 units in college is extremely time consuming. However, One of my best friends Travis introduced me to myyogaonline.com which is a great resource for doing yoga at home. My goal, once I get through this quarter of school, is to get some yoga in every day. Yoga Journal recommends beginning your day with at least 15 minutes of sun salutations. I think that is appropriate considering we must be ever thankful that we get to see the sun another day, despite whatever may be going on in our lives. What a precious gift! I don't mind saluting the sun in that case. I could go on and on about yoga's benefits and how it makes me feel but it is one of those things that everyone needs to discover on their own, in their unique way, much like many things in life
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. i woke up this morning and did 15 minutes of sun salutations thanks to your post! thanks for reminding me how important it is to start your day centered and balanced. :)

    ReplyDelete